Thursday 17 September 2015

Post-Airplane Ride --- The Jet-Lag sets in

Jet LAG! 


So it's Wednesday morning in Chicago and we've been here a grand total of a day and a half.

The flight was relatively fun. Watched some very good movies but didn't sleep, so by the time I got into Chicago in the afternoon after 18 hours of travel, I was pretty wrecked.

Tuesday was spent in a daze as the dreaded jet lag took ahold of me. I wanted to sleep but I COULDN"T!!!!




So Tuesday became a bit of a write off. Went for a little jog around the Lake, which is goddam beautiful by the way. My legs are really tight and sore from the plane, which is a bit worrying and it has made me incredibly grumpy, but it will hopefully pull up well in the next day or two.

We are staying in these amazing apartments overlooking the lake and the race course. I will most likely take a photo and post it up but I cannot be bothered as of yet.

The path by the lake is full of triathletes who have come for the race. Over 6,000 people have shipped in and some of the bikes that are on display are absolutely ridiculous. It sort of becomes like a little parade, where everyone is sizing each other up.... peacocking, if you will.



We are going to do a couple of architectural tours in the next couple of days and roam the city. It's hard because I want to relax and get ready for the race but I also want to check out the surrounding area. A Catch-22 if I ever saw one.

Went for a gentle swim this arvo with Chris Hislop from Balmoral Tri Club. Here are our photos!












So hopefully everything comes good in the next couple of days. Our age-group is split into two starting groups and I've managed to snag a spot with the A-team, which I think is the faster heat, which will be interesting. 

I will bang up a post on race day and then a race report! 

Until then 

hex hoe 

1 comment:

  1. Go Muz go!
    Run like the wind, swim like a fish, cycle like a Hills Hoist in a hurricane!
    Gogogogogoooooo!
    Can u hear us cheering u on all the way from Oz?
    We is!
    Love and best wishes from Jill, David, Liam and Aidan xx

    ReplyDelete