Friday 18 September 2015

The Good News and the Bad News

IT IS TIME


So there is good news and there is bad news.

The good news is that after months and months of training and waiting, race day is tomorrow!

But there is bad news. I've picked up an infection this week, probably from a lack of sleep and the travel. I've been stuck in bed with a fever and a bad cold the last day and a half, trying to sleep and recover.

So unfortunately, I feel about 80% and am honestly worried about what will happen on race day if I try to over-reach myself. I know that as soon as I hit that start line I will be a competitive ass-hole and race as hard as I can but in this current state I have no idea what will happen.

And the second piece of bad news is that it has been raining the last couple of days and the race committee may cancel the swim and make it a duathlon, which would see the race start with a 3k run and then go to the 40k ride and 10k run.

While this would have appealed to 100% healthy, competitive Murray it is making sick, tired and shitty Murray feel anxious.


(This is obviously not a photo from Chicago but it sums up how I'm feeling at the moment)



I still hope that I will wake up tomorrow and feel better, but if not I will just have to get on with it and deal with the situation the best I can.

I'll chuck up a race report tomoz but until then, goodnye!

xo

2 comments:

  1. How did u go M?
    Bad luck re your ill health. Hope u battled through it ok.
    Love from Jill David Liam Aidan xx

    ReplyDelete